New Zealand

New Zealand

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Class Style in NZ & Random Updates

Classes here are SO HARD. Not because there's a bunch of work, but because there is absolutely no structure. Our grades consist of maybe 3 projects, and 1-2 tests. And that's it. So we basically don't have homework, then out of nowhere we have a giant project due! The biggest problem is that our rubrics for projects are ridiculously vague. Or the teacher will add something right before it's due. So communication is definitely an issue, but we are much more independent here! It'll be weird to go home and actually have homework and tests every week. :) Oh, and 50% is a C, 60% a B, and 70%-100% is an A. The problem is, the class average on everything I've done so far is like a 55%. My first test, the highest grade was an 85%. Crazy!! Hopefully I can pass all my classes...

UPDATES:

I have fallen in love with cider. And wine is growing on me...but beer is still terrible. So that's exciting? Luckily I live in states where cider making is pretty popular :)

I finally joined the gym (for $85), and have a lovely fitness schedule with some ladies in my pod! We do a class every day Monday-Friday. They teach BodyPump/BodyVive/BodyCombat etc., and some others, so we're trying a bunch of stuff out.

Our two week break is coming up!!! April 2nd-April 19th :) We're going to Auckland, Cathedral Cove, Hobbiton, Waitomo glow worm caves, Lake Taupo (skydiving), Tongariro Alpine Crossing, Wellington, Queenstown, and Milford Sound. So it's going to be packed, but we're renting a car which will be super nice. SO PUMPED!

Joined Christian Fellowship (club), their bible study, and found a church I like and go to with my pod-mates!

Went to my first ever rugby game!! Go Crusaders!



Also went and saw Cinderella in theaters which was SO CUTE OMG. Highly recommend it <3

This Saturday I'm going to the Great Kiwi Beer Festival in Christchurch, so that should be fun! I'm also going to make a caramel apple pie, and my friend Lizzie and I are going to make Harry Potter cocktails.

That's it for me! Weather is getting cooler, and leaves are changing colours! Pretty strange that it's going to be fall for Easter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment