New Zealand

New Zealand

Friday, June 5, 2015

The Final Countdown

16 days until I leave New Zealand! So I'm just going to throw in a post here on my life. My last day of lectures was May 29th, and my first final is June 15th. Lincoln has a study break of one week, and then has three weeks of exams. My exams fall on the 15th, 16th, 19th, and 20th, but exam period is June 9th-23rd. So I'll finish up my final exam, then fly home the next day. My flight leaves Christchurch on June 21st at 6pm with a layover in Auckland until 9:30pm, the long haul to LA, and finally the last leg to Seattle. It should be alright though because Air New Zealand is an awesome company, and I paid the $30 to upgrade to the better seating :) I currently have the WHOLE row to myself, let's hope it stays that way!

So random updates. Holly and I FINALLY finished our pinot noir rose! It's filtered and bottled and sitting in my closet. We ended up with 32 bottles, gave two to our wine prof, and the are splitting the rest between us. I'm giving some away to friends, and am going to try bring home as many as possible! We also had a little side project of a pinot noir red, so we'll bottle that soon with some oak chips and crack it open in a year. Fun stuff :) 

I've basically just been sleeping in, going to the gym, reading, and organising some of my notes for exams. It's been pretty chill ;) Tomorrow I'm going to do a 2 hour hike in Port Hills area with some church friends, then church on Sunday with Holly and Richard. Oh, and I've become oddly obsessed with Christmas music and movies and blame that on the fact that it's fall here (almost winter) and constantly like 35 degrees. All we have left for plans is walking into town for lunch one day, and one night dressing up and getting tea and desserts at the really nice restaurant in town. Oh yeah, I ate there for dinner last week with Lizzie and it was SO GOOD. We both got Riesling and burgers, so odd combo, but they were both great. It's been AGES since I had good food, so that was like heaven. Anyway, we're going to go get tea and desserts there (it's called the Tea House), and then maybe do a day trip or two to more local hiking spots. 

Aside from all that, I'm set to go home! I've had an incredible time here, but I'm ready to be home where the weather is nice and the food is amazing. And there are berries. The only fruit I get here is apples and kiwis, because nothing else is ever ripe or on sale. Cherries were $39/kg today. WOAH. So yeah, nothing much to report on! I'll probably do one more wrap up post, but this is all for now :) SEE YOU ALL SOON!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to welcome you home Marin! I'm certain your mom will greet you at Seatac with berries in hand. :) Congrats on an amazing study abroad adventure. Finish strong on the finals and then safe travels home! :)

    ReplyDelete