New Zealand

New Zealand

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Akaroa Harbour

So today (Saturday 28/02/15) I went with a big group to Akaroa Harbour, and spent the day there. Akaroa is a beach town past Christchurch on the peninsula, and it's SO cute! The drive form Lincoln is about 1.5 hours, but it's gorgeous! The bus driver let us stop to take some scenic photos of the harbour from up above <3


Lizzie, Holly, Me


Akaroa Harbour


We spent the first hour walking the town, then rented kayaks for an hour and did that.








These were all taken using my GoPro Hero 4 Silver!

After kayaking we lounged on the beach in town, and did some swimming! The water was beautiful, but a bit on the chilly side!


Me, Lizzie, Jacob, Holly, Erin



Lizzie, Me



Me, Erin, Lizzie


Accidental artsy underwater shot!


The group of people I spent most of my time with are all super cool Americans. Somehow we all find each other and have met hardly any Kiwis!! Jacob and Holly go to Cornell, Jacob is from New York and Holly from New Hampshire. Lizzie is from Oregon and goes to University of Idaho (WEST COAST BEST COAST!), and Erin is from Minnesota and goes to North Dakota State. And obviously I'm from Washington and go to Colorado State. So we've got a nice mix in there :) Akaroa was so much fun, and we had a beautiful sunny day here today! Unfortunately I got fried, even though I put sunscreen on like 4 times, but apparently there's a hole in the ozone layer here? I don't know, but I'm definitely getting tan (or will be once the burns heal).




UPDATE: MADE A VIDEO FROM AKAROA HARBOUR:










1 comment:

  1. Now THAT'S what I'd call a fun field trip! You're chumming with a pretty well-rounded group of friends Marin - - nice. Loved the color of the water while you were kayaking. :)

    ReplyDelete