New Zealand

New Zealand

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Packing

So when you fly to New Zealand you are only allowed one checked bag, and the traditional one carry on and a personal item. So this means packing EXTREMELY light, or shipping stuff over seas in boxes. The way I packed was pretty much only packing clothes and shoes, and whatever else might fit. I'm leaving behind stuff like shampoo, conditioner, hair straightener/curler/blow dryer, etc. New Zealand has different outlets than us, so you'll need to buy an adapter and a voltage converter. If you bring your curling iron and don't use a voltage converter, it'll just burn your hair because there's a different amount of electric charge going through.

I used space bags to fit all of my clothes, and put most of my clothes in my big suitcase with a few outfits in my carry on, just in case! Here's a list of (approximately) what I packed:


  • 4 pairs of jeans
  • 1 pair jean shorts
  • 3 pairs running shorts
  • 5 pairs yoga capris
  • 2 pairs leggings/yogas
  • 3 sweatshirts
  • 7-10 T-shirts
  • Plenty of socks, including hiking socks
  • Hiking boots
  • 2 pairs of Toms
  • Tennis shoes
  • Wedges
  • Chaco sandals
  • Black sandals
  • 2 dresses
  • 2 skirts
  • 1 flannel 
  • 4 dressy shirts
  • 3 pairs pajamas
  • Underwear
  • Travel sized shampoo/conditioner/toothpaste
  • Toiletries 
  • 1 raincoat 
  • Phone/charger
  • Laptop/charger
  • GoPro/charger
  • Kindle/charger
  • Water bladder for hiking
  • Blanket for plane
  • Pillow Pet
It looks like a long list, but it feels like I have hardly anything! I've been told the way over is easy, but on the way back you can carry even less, so I might end up shipping stuff home or throwing it out, whatever's easier! So all of this fit into one 48 pound checked bag, one 25 pound carry on, and my hiking backpack. But basically, as long as you have your wallet, passport, and plane ticket, that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment